Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:24:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Elshar" <elshar@cheekan.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   SATA RAID Cards +  FBSD 4.9

I spent some time sifting through the mailing lists for information about
SATA RAID cards, and how well they are supported by FBSD 4.9. But I
couldn't find a definitive answer to my question.

I'm looking to find out if anyone has much experience with running 4.9 and
SATA RAID, and if so what specific cards/chipsets/etc worked well. In
particular, I'd like to know if anyone has tried hardware that supports
RAID 0+1, or just plain RAID 0 and how well it performed in 4.9 if at all.

I'm not interested in 5-RELEASE, as this will be a production machine.
Most of the info I've seen so far was either too vague for my liking, or
was talking about SATA in relation to 5.x.