Date:      Sat, 24 May 2003 10:44:07 -0400
From:      "David Loszewski" <dave@bsdadmins.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   var used space is not right

I have a troubling problem that I can't seem to figure out.  For the =
past week my /var has been keep filling up on me, mostly because I have =
a 500MB /var partition and it says that 452MB of it is used but only =
772K is available.  For one I did a du -sh /var and I'm only taking up =
5.9MB in the var directory and I tried adding up space elsewhere to see =
if the space is going anywhere else but it's still not adding up.  And =
Even if I have 452MB used, which I don't, I should still have like 48MB =
left to use.  Ideas on what's going on here?

Please send replies to this address, I'm not sure if I'm still =
subscribed to this list.

David Loszewski