Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:35:42 +0100
From:      Marc Silver <marc.silver@uk.easynet.net>
To:        mandrews@catholic.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD rpm ?

Hi there,

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 02:29:46PM -0000, mandrews@catholic.org wrote:
> I'm currently using Linux 8.2, and wanted to explore FreeBSD but, so
> far, I've been unable to find a suitable freebsd.rpm package. I've
> searched in MSN amd rpmfind.net without luck. Could you tell me where
> can I download it?

FreeBSD isn't a package that you can install for Linux.  FreeBSD is an
operating system -- unlike linux, which is just a kernel which then ships
with various other other bits to make it a 'complete' operating system.
FreeBSD would basically replace your linux installation (or you could
dual boot)...

See http://www.freebsd.org for more information.

- Marc