Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:48:17 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Cc:        aegis-developers@lists.sourceforge.net, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strverscmp not detected missing

--THYEXwetZJOK3OLY

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 05:30:23PM -0500, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
>no strverscmp defined in the above version of FreeBSD (there was upto a fe=
w=20
>days ago) and configure incorrectly thinks there is namely the following=
=20
>line:
>
>checking for strverscmp... yes

If the aegis configure script is claiming that strverscmp() exists when
it doesn't then that is a bug in the configure script and nothing to
do with FreeBSD.

I have spent most of the past week fighting broken configure scripts
and my opinion of the GNU autotools approach could not get much lower.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--THYEXwetZJOK3OLY

--THYEXwetZJOK3OLY--