Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 05:36:55 -0600
From:      "Stephen Hurd" <deuce@lordlegacy.org>
To:        "asek" <asek@nyc.rr.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: yo! yo!

> I need to know if its possible for freeBSD and Novell to communicate with
each other and also
> is there any supported programs that work with Novell prefferbably for the
version 5.0  and
> that can also take advatage of Novell's NDS.

Yes, it is possible.  I have had my FreeBSD 4.2 system chatting amicably with
my NetWare 4.1 server quite nicely.  As far as being easy... well, no, it's
not.  The custom kernel is the first bit... not too hard, it's the connections
and drive mountings that get a bit sticky.  I've since stopped using the
connection, so I don't remember all the details.  I also seem to remember
seeing a NetWare server emulator burried somewhere (probobly the ports
collection ;-) but I haven't tried it myself.