Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:27:14 -0500
From:      "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "joe parker" <kb4ih1@earthlink.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

From: joe parker
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 12:16 PM
Subject: FreeBSD

}I have purchased the new version of FreeBSD 4.6. I have version 4.0 with
the 3rd edition with it at the time of purchase.

}Would this 3rd addition still be good, or should I order the book that
comes with version 4.6?

}Thanking you in advance for any information you can help me with.

}Best Regards,

}Joe

3rd edition of which book?  If it's Greg Lehey's
"The Complete FreeBSD," I don't think he's done
a 4th edition yet.

Many users find the FreeBSD Handbook, created
by the FreeBSD Document Team, to be of the most
value.  Put the following link into your browser:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

You can copy & past the link --- most web browsers
should support this function.  In the folder that appears,
you will find many different formats of the FreeBSD Handbook.

Once you are running FBSD (or perhaps you already are),
don't forget that there is also built-in help in the form of the
"manpages".  For example, to learn about the "ftp" command,
(which calls the built in ftp client)

#man ftp
Formatting manual page, please wait .......

Followed by a length explanation of the usage of
ftp, all available options for the program, and
where to go for more information.

HTH,

KDK