Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 14:10:11 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.ru>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, FreeBSD-current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Syscons screen distortion on Diamond 3D 3000 (S3 Virge/VX)

Soren, when I move my mouse, my screen trashed a bit causing unpleasant
visual effects, something (rarely) it happens even without any activity
(I have distructive cursor).

I suspect it will be fixed if retrace wait will be framed into
disable_intr/enable_intr, but since I am not shure, I don't experiment
with it. I remember that some discussion happens on this subject, but not
remember its result. What possible effects of this change?

I think Diamond can't be treated as "obsolete" since it is one of the most
advanced cards at this moment, so we need to do something with this issue.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@null.net>