Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 11:54:38 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        nate@rocky.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams), current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mis-feature in -current

Terry > How many times is strlen used, and could it maybe be recoded instead?

Nate > I'm just trying to fix -current, not re-code the kernel.  If it ain't
Nate > broke, don't fix it.  If it is broke, fix the broken-ness and not
Nate > introduce new brokeness because it sounds like a good idea.

> I just meant that if it was only one or two places.
>
> I went grepping: It's more than 60 places.  So never mind.  I agree with
> adding it back into the lib for now.

Not to mention all of the other string routines such as strcpy and the
like.

Nate