Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 01:49:08 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        lord henry <zeno@interport.net>
Cc:        Brad Karp <karp@eecs.harvard.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: further question on the sony viao

In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.990916204517.24935G-100000@interport.net> lord henry writes:
: HOWEVER, turning pnp-os off in the BIOS seems to have somehow killed
: support for my ethernet card w/
: |   driver allocation failed for 3Com
: while somehow ENABLING hot-swapping -- in other words, it suddenly seems
: to see the card inserted and removed, but can't load the driver for it.

This typically is a (potentially hard to discover) problem with
configuration of the IRQs in pccard.conf.  When you disable plug and
play os you move the IRQs around.  I use irq 10 for my pcic and irq 15
for my 3c589D on my FreeBSD -current VAIO 505TS.

Warner