Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:40:54 -0500
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        <aran80@wintersperu.com.pe>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Deleting files in FreeBSD

The short answer is, to the best of my knowledge, no.  It wouldn't hurt to
look at  samba.org to double-check though.  The functionality you're looking
for doesn't exist because the way Windows handles file shares doesn't allow
for it.

If you were to delete a file that existed on a remote Windows machine
(95-XP) it would not place it into the recycle bin either.

Mind you, if you were to "rm" a file from your shell, you wouldn't be able
to recover it either.

--Chris