Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:52:40 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Stefano Ceci <stefano.ceci@aruba.it>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make.conf

On 2003-03-15 22:18, Stefano Ceci <stefano.ceci@aruba.it> wrote:

> I'd like to confer with you on this file. I am practically building the
> whole system by ports, and I have some problem with kde3.1. Particularly
> the icons engine seems rather unstable. My doubt is that problems may
> come from parameters of configuration. I have setted the optimization
> value to 0 as suggested in the default make.conf, but perhaps the
> problematic set is on the cpu. My system is based on AMD Athlon XP 1800+
> cpu and I've setted the make.conf to nearest value, that is K7. Do you
> have suggestions?

This is a too vague question.  However, if you're wondering about
changes to make.conf then post your make.conf file if it's short, or
the output of the following command if it's a modified copy of the
/etc/defaults/make.conf file:

	$ diff -u /etc/defaults/make.conf /etc/make.conf

That should give readers of the list a good indication of the changes
you've made to the file.

- Giorgos