Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 1995 17:28:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        phk@ref.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/scsi scsi_driver.c

Poul-Henning Kamp writes:

> > dufault     95/03/03 13:38:44
> >
> >   Modified:    sys/scsi scsi_driver.c
> >   Log:
> >   Make sure there is a device before opening.  Fixes NULL access
> >   when opening unattached devices.
> >
> Thanks!

Well, your thanks are premature.

That first shot was off the cuff - now that I've thought about it
that pointer can (well, should) never be NULL - all compiled in
the kernel devices are initialized before trying to attach them,
and that should initialize those pointers.

Plus I can't demonstrate any problems by opening devices I don't
have, such as the media changer.  There shouldn't be any difference
between that and a non-SCSI owner opening sd0d.

I'll need a backtrace or a way to reproduce the problem on a system
with SCSI devices.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936