Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 1999 13:10:51 -0400
From:      Evan Tsoukalas <evan@falcon.sourcee.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Partitioning a freebsd partition on the fly

Hello,

I'm not quite sure if this is the right mailing list to post my particular
problem too, and I apologize if it is not.

I have a Sony VAIO psg-505ts running a -CURRENT SNAP from 032799 with a 4.3gig
disk entirely devoted to FreeBSD.  I now have a need to run Windoze on this
laptop, and I do not wish to reload all of the things that I have setup under
FreeBSD.

My question is, can I shrink my /usr partition down without losing what is on
it?  It is a 3.8 gig partition that only has 900 meg or so on it.  I would like to trim about a gigabyte off of it so that I can install Windoze.  Is this going
to be possible, or should I start from scratch installing Winoze first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Regards,

Evan Tsoukalas