Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 19:44:41 +0200
From:      Dirk Froemberg <dirk@activ-consult.de>
To:        Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP on a ASUS P65UP5?!

On Sat, Aug 23, 1997 at 04:12:34PM -0600, Kenneth Merry wrote:
> Dirk Froemberg wrote...
> > Has anybody run FreeBSD-SMP successfully on a ASUS P65UP5 with
> > C-P6ND (Dual Pentium Pro Card)?
>
> 	Yes, I've been running it on that motherboard since January.  It
> has been very stable, IMO.
>
> > [...]
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> 	Yes, you need to enable MP SPEC v1.4 in your BIOS.  From looking at
> the mptable output, it looks like version 1.1 is enabled now.  So try that,
> and see if it works.

Hi!

That's it! 8) Thanks for the hint.

I noticed one strange thing while installing 3.0-970823-SNAP. sysinstall
runs only with MP SPEC v1.1. Enabling MP SPEC v1.4 panics the machine
while installing some distributions (page fault).

	Best regards Dirk

Dirk Froemberg                              ACTIV-CONSULT GmbH
                                         Online Service Center
                                            Nordhauser Str. 30
                                                  10589 Berlin
mailto:dirk.froemberg@activ-consult.de    FON +49-30-34602-272