Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 95 12:03:03 EST
From:      dayton@sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu (Dayton Clark)
To:        bmk@dtr.com
Cc:        eblood@winky.reno.nv.us, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SLIP vs PPP

<.> From: bmk@dtr.com
<.> Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 02:09:06 -0800 (PST)
<.> Cc: questions@FreeBSD.org
<.>
<.> > I've been unable to resolve me earlier problem with my SLIP connection.  Before
<.> > I do switch to PPP, does PPP work in 2.0?  I vaguely remember that there was
<.> > some problem and that people should wait.  Is this true?  Are there any patches
<.> > if this is the case?
<.>
<.> It does work under 2.0R.  There were some problems with panics and
<.> spontaneous reboots, but there's a one line patch that fixes it.  I
<.> applied the patch two weeks ago and have had zero problems since.
<.>
<.> It's so reliable now, SOMETHING must be wrong.. :)
<.>
<.> If you can't find the patch anywhere, send me some mail and I'll see if
<.> I can find it in my archives.
<.>
<.>

I've looked for the patch without success, could you send it to me?

thanks
dayton