Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:41:41 +1000 (EST)
From:      Jesse Reynolds <jesser@drives.rta.nsw.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp proxy with ports installs...

Hi

Is there any way to tell the ports "make install" to use an ftp proxy to
get installation files? At work I'm behind a firewall, and to do ftp
either have to do it manually through a gauntlet firewall gateway, or via
a webbrowser to go through the netscape proxy.

Also, the faster of the two connections I have available requires me to
put in a username and password - is there likely to be any
way of getting authenticated ftp proxy access to the ports installer?

cheers

jesse

ps, i'm not on the freebsd-questions list, so please reply directly to me,
thanks