Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 18:58:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        joerg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Philips CDwriter

OK, one last time ...

I've been all through sys/scsi/scsiconf.c and worm.c and made the
appropriate changes so that my drive is recognized as a worm drive.

Then this happens:

	# wormcontrol select PHILIPS CDD2600
	wormcontrol: open(/dev/rworm0): Device not configured
	#

So, I think to myself...."OK, my drive must want a different set of SCSI
commands to drive it.  Sure is weird they'd go with something different
from the CDD 521 series though..."

Finally this seemed weird enough I actually looked through the docs that
came with the drive.  Sure enough, I see this:  "The CDD 2600 is
compatible with old Philips CDD 522's and 521's..."  [paraphrased]

Which means I probably have something else screwed up.  I can't figure out
what the problem is.  I've done the following:

./sh MAKEDEV worm

I've put this line in my kernel config file:

device          worm0   at scbus?       # SCSI worm

There's just not much else I can do!  Joerg!  Help!  What else could I
have messed up?

Thanks.....

Brian