Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 07:08:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Paul Halliday <dp@penix.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        "bob@Moronco.net" <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>, "H. Wade Minter" <minter@lunenburg.org>, <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Wit's end (AS250 installation issues)

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> You're using a TGA.  A TGA card is not supported.  Use a serial
> console or replace the TGA card with any $5 used PCI VGA card you have
> laying around.

	I think you may be spiking the ball a bit with "any 5$ used PCI
VGA card". I have tried numerous cards including some ATI's and 3dfx that
seem to shit the bed when plugged into this machine.

	BTW, these machines typically shipped with S3 PCI VGA did they
not?

Paul H.
"Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"
http://dp.penix.org