Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 2015 22:40:28 +0900 (JST)
From:      SAITOU Toshihide <toshi@ruby.ocn.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System-On-Module

On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:35:05 +0100, Bernd Walter wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 11:39:30AM +0000, Andrew Turner wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 18:27:08 +0900
>> "Lundberg, Johannes" <johannes@brilliantservice.co.jp> wrote:
>>
>> > What I'm most worried about is the graphics stack.. Some companies
>> > don't seem so keen on handing out specs.
>>
>> The only ARM vendor I know that has released documentation on their 3D
>> hardware is Broadcom [1]. The only options for this are the Raspberry
>> Pi or one of the mobile phones with a Broadcom CPU. I neither option to
>> be applicable for your requirements.
>
> On the other hand people still struggle when it comes to CPI on RPi,
> because it is handled by the GPU.
> I'm still not so sure about this Broadcom SoC.
> This is the reason why I like that the RPi Camera header is also used
> on the Hummingboard and the BanannaPi.
> The Hummingboard is an iMX6.
> The BanannaPi unfortunately is an Allwinner and their datasheets are
> AFAIK chinese only and IIRC also under NDA.

It depends on the purpose, but I think the UVC camera is alternative.

This class SOC has the sufficient power for the MJPEG
recording. Because the MJPEG encoding is performed by the camera :)
So, I think the GPU support is not necessary, unless you need
simultaneously decoding.

(I thought it would be nice if there is a NEON MPEG decoder...)

--
SAITOU Toshihide (compile is not yet finished)