Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:33:35 -0500
From:      "Tamir Halperin" <tamir@brobus.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   OpenSSL obstacle to PostgreSQL Installation

I'm not able to install PostgreSQL 7.3.2 from ports because I get the =
following error after having just installed openssl-0.9.7a_2. openssl =
shows up in /var/db/pkg.

When I try to make in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7 I get the =
following error:

"This port requires the OpenSSL library, which is part of the FreeBSD =
crypto distribution but not installed on your machine. Please see the =
"OpenSSL" section in the handbook (at ...) for instructions on how to =
obtain and install the FreeBSD OpenSSL distribution.
*** Error code 1

Stop."

On a different list I received the following advice and acted upon it =
but the above error persists:

"This is because libcrypto had its shlib version bumped from .2 to .3
after OpenSSL's last round of security bugs.  If you symlink
libcrypto.so.2 to libcrypto.so, you should be okay.  -sc"

Tamir