Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 07:45:27 -0700
From:      DARREND@novell.com (Darren Davis)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, john@starfire.mn.org
Subject:   NFS problems between FreeBSD 2.1.0-R(CD) server and Unixware 2.03 client - Reply

Actually, I have seen this problem with my UnixWare boxes as well.  I have
both 2.0 and 2.1 UnixWare boxes.  I really haven't looked that much into
the problem though having been intimately involved with UnixWare for that
past several years.   There has been a bug in NFS on UnixWare that could
only be worked around by setting rsize and wsize to 1024.  I also filed
severaly bug reports with engineering at the time.  I don't have access
to the MR (Modifaction Request) database since SCO bought UnixWare so I
can't get the resolution information.  I suspect that UnixWare hasn't fully
resolved the NFS problems it has had it the past.

Darren R. Davis
Senior Software Engineer
Novell, Inc.