Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2000 12:02:52 -0700
From:      Dana Huggard <dana.huggard@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.2 Release DHCP-Client

I have seen some discussion about FreeBSD Users on the @Home cable modem
service and dhclient.   My ISP (@Home) wants me to switch from static to
dynamic.  Its been a battle till I realized I was working with software
that would not work right.

Before I head into fixing it, I am wondering if there may be patches
available, or should I just download a new isc-dhcp (as opposed to
making from R3.2 ports).

Adding    ifconfig_xx0="dhcp" doesn't work, as the rc.network was
re-written in newer releases. So I see I need changes to rc.network,
rc.conf, and fix the dhclient-script. What more there might be to change
I am not sure yet.

I hesitate on CVS syncing to bring the 3.2 version forward, but maybe
that is the best thing ??

Any comments?  suggestions?

Thank you.