Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 1995 12:46:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com (Joe Greco)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: schg flag on make world in -CURRENT

> So I have several networks that I would consider to be secure because there
> is minimal (or no) connectivity to the outside world.  Maybe I don't
> necessarily care if I can log in as root, but would at least like to be able
> to su, knowing full well that the likelihood of my passwords being
> intercepted was minimal at best...  :-)
>
> How does this deal with that?  As I said originally, sometimes perhaps you
> just have to trust that root knows what the deal is...  and have good root
> passwords  ;-)

I should think that would be obvious; Drop the system secure level.

How far you drop it depends on whether you think you should have to
shut down to single user mode to modify "system critical" files if you
are already in a secure environment.  Personally, in that sitaution, I'd
pick -1.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---