Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 2020 23:08:13 +0200
From:      Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is: py3kplist???

On 9/1/20 8:13 PM, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my ceph port one of the maintainers added this to
>
> USE_PYTHON=     cython py3kplist
>
> But I'm trying to find out what it does?
> And it is not (yet) on the USE_PYTHON page in the ports handbook.

It's documented in Mk/Uses/python.mk:

#	py3kplist	- Automatically generates Python 3.x compatible
#			  __pycache__ entries from a Python 2.x packaging list
#			  when defined. Use this for ports that do *not* use
#			  standard Python packaging mechanisms such as
#			  distutils, and support *both* Python 2.x and 3.x.
#			  Not needed, if USE_PYTHON=autoplist is set.