Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:41:42 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        don@PartsNow.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: burned by M$ again!

Don Wilde wrote:

> Hi, folks ...
>         One of our wonderful customers sent me a file on my anonymous
> ftp
> called "read me.doc" from his brainless M$ system. How do I get at it,
>
> read it, copy it or whatever? I assume I can rm * it, but I need to
> see
> it first.

Should be able to use dowhatever "read me.doc", with the inverted
commas.
like $cp "read me.doc" read_me.doc

or, ftp it to a "95 machine and read it with wordpad or Word.

bob

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au Books-New & Secondhand  Support Whirled Peas.

Agents for CIBTC. Associate of Amazon.com, and Partner Program with iBS.

Books about China, books from China.         Sheng huo jiu shi dou zheng

Business Links in Dalian, and Beijing.          Building the China Trade