Date:      Sun, 29 Jan 2006 03:09:39 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        Brandon Mitchell <magicsmoke@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fujitsu S2110

--nextPart1733131.yoyzDePJCk

On Sunday 29 January 2006 00:12, you wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to reply. In response to both of your
>
> My hw.acpi MIB looks something like this:
> hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S3 S4 S5
> hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
> hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S3
> hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
> hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
> hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
> hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
> hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
> hw.acpi.verbose: 0
> hw.acpi.reset_video: 1
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/0 C2/1
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_usage: 100.00% 0.00%
> hw.acpi.video.crt0.active: 0
> hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active: 1
> hw.acpi.video.tv0.active: 0
> hw.acpi.video.out0.active: 0
> hw.acpi.acline: 1
> hw.acpi.battery.life: 100
> hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
> hw.acpi.battery.state: 1
> hw.acpi.battery.units: 2
> hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5
>
> I see that the hw.acpi.power_button_state controls what that button
> does. I attempted to set it to S3, and tapped the power button. I
> then got a series of ioapic.suspend: feature not yet implemented
> messages, before it suspended. It would not, however, come back out
> of the suspend; it got so far as the BIOS, and that was it. I just
> hardbooted to get it back up again.
>
> I also see the lid_switch_state is not set? Should this not be set
> to S3, as well? Or perhaps neither it nor the power_button_state
> are set to S3 due to the 'feature not yet implemented' issue? Just
> conjecture, on my part.
>
> I have the following buttons on the laptop (note the absence of a
> 'suspend' or 'sleep' button - the manual states that tapping the
> power button is supposed to provide this functionality):
>
> Power
> Mute
> External Mouse (automagic within the BIOS, for the most part)
> Brightness Up/Down
> Volume Up/Down
> External VGA/S-Video (more automagic, really)
> 5 'Application' buttons with 10 possible options:
>    Stop/Eject, Play/Pause, Rewind, FF - 'Player' mode
>    A, B, Internet, Email - 'Application' mode
>    The last button switches modes
>
> I then have a switch on the back of the laptop that controls the
> wireless radio, but does not actually shut the _card_ down - simply
> stops broadcasting a signal.
>
> The closest thing I have found thus far on the FUJB02B1 device is
> 'FUJ02B1' which controls the sound and brightness functions on
> Lifebook S5582 (Pentium 3). Perhaps this device is a later (B)
> revision of same?
The acpi_fujitsu device only enables the function buttons/hotkeys.  Do=20
you also have a S5582?  Would you send me the acpidump of that too?
I also noticed another interesting device.
        Device (FEXT)
        {
            Name (_HID, "FUJ02E3")
There is only 1 pair of get/set methods.  And some more complex=20
function call methods that I'm not sure how to invoke.  I'll see=20
about adding that to the current driver and let you play around with=20
it to figure out what it pokes.

> On 1/28/06, Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu> wrote:
> > Ok, this is the interesting part of your FUJB02B1 device.  You
> > wouldn't happen to know what the following method does?  eg. GVOL
> > =3D get volume, GBLL =3D get back light level, etc.
> > Also what function keys are available on your laptop?
> >
> >                     Method (GSIF, 0, NotSerialized)
> >                     {
> >                         If (IMTF)
> >                         {
> >                             Or (RGSI, 0x08, RGSI)
> >                         }
> >                         Else
> >                         {
> >                             And (RGSI, 0xFFFFFFF7, RGSI)
> >                         }
> >
> >                         Return (RGSI)
> >                     }
> >
> > --
> > Anish Mistry
>
> --
> If UNIX doesn't have the solution you have the wrong problem.
> UNIX is simple, but it takes a genius to understand it's
> simplicity.

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry