Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:44:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      Holm Tiffe <freebsd@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Guys, what is happening with DNS and Linux-Emu ?

Hi,

There are currently 2 threads about this problem ("Star Office on
3.0 current" and "Small Problem with Linux Emul") in -current.

I've noticed, that DNS resolving  under the Linux-Emu on my machines
with -current i'nt working since 08/20/97.
I've reinstalled the linux_lib, double checked the files in
/compat/linux/etc and so on.

One of my machines is an SMP P6 with applixware installed,
this machine has had a working DNS with a -current from 08/15/97
until I've updated this roadrunner to -current. (10/28/97)

Because of this, I think, bad config files in /compat/linux/etc
could'nt be the trigger of this problem.

The DNS in the FreeBSD "universe" is working flawlessly.

The nameserver get the question and I think it replays ok.
But the results semms to be not interpreted correctly...

The only person I know who has a -current with a working DNS
seems to be Søren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.dk>.

Any suggestions ?

Holm
* Holm Tiffe                        holm@geophysik.tu-freiberg.de             *
* Strasse der Einheit 26                                                      *
* 09599 Freiberg  Germany               Microsoft is not the Answer -         *
* Tel.: 49 3731 74233                   Microsoft is the Question,            *
* UUCP: 49 3731 73719  unicorn!holm       and the Answer is no !              *