Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2000 20:14:45 +0100 (WET DST)
From:      mlsr@mega.ist.utl.pt (Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Where should I send this ?

Hello !

There appears to be a mistake in the manpage of rfork(2)
in the description for the flag RFMEM used to create a new process
sharing the address space of the first we may read the following words:
"The stack segment is always split"

Well this seems to mean that the kernel creates a new stack for the
new process (in the case rfork(RFPROC | RFMEM)) but this appears not
to be the case... apparently the user must create the stack for the
new process himself, and if this is not done the new process is obviously
terminated with SIGSEGV...

if this is true (which I am obviously not sure, it is possible that
something escapes me...) what should read in the manpage would be
"Unless RFPPWAIT is also specified, a new stack segment must be
created by the child process immediatly after the call."

Tell me something about this...
If there is a better mailing list for the discution of this, tell me

Miguel Ramos, mlsr@mega.ist.utl.pt