Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 2002 05:09:04 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        ahebert@pubnix.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About release(7) and making distributions CD's

Alain Hebert wrote:
> My questions are:
>
> 	Is freebsd-config the right mailling list for release(7) related issue?

Having looked at the mailing list archives on
http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/ it looks like the freebsd-config list is
completely dead, so I wouldn't suggest asking there. You might want to
try freebsd-hackers or else look in the handbook for another more
appropriate list.

> 	Should I attempt to get in contact with steve@freebsd.org?
> 	(Author of the
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng-packages/
> book)

I would suggest trying to find the information you need from other
sources and then emailing steve@freebsd.org to suggest additions to his
book so that people in future don't have the same problems you did (you
may want to cc that email to doc@freebsd.org - since the documentation
people can alter the article as well).

> ... I'n sure that the guys that do the OFFICIAL CD's are using release
> ...  I'm just missing some "magic" steps.

Despite having built many worlds, I've never build a release, so I can't
  really help. I hope I've pointed you in the right direction however.

Good luck.

Andrew.