Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 1995 23:27:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Theory Failed: screen vs keyboard lock-up

Well, this is getting ridiculous.

Totally randomly, it seems, my keyboard locks up tight.  At first,
I thought it was hardware, so I changed keyboards, and it did it again.

So, I changed back to the original keyboard, and removed the keyboard
extender cable I had on...it locked up.

Then, it was suggested that maybe screen was doing something to the
keyboard mappings that was causing a lockup, so I stopped using
screen...still locked up.

Now, I've reduced it to as many problem areas as I can think of, and
it keeps locking up.

I'm running 2.2-current, and using pcvt, since I really like 50row
mode.  I have tried out syscons, and it too seems to do it, randomly...

Any ideas...

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
scrappy@hub.org  |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
 soon to be:     |                                    | Information and
scrappy@ki.net   |      WWW: http://hub.org           | Communications, Inc