Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 02:53:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brian@mediacity.com (Brian Litzinger)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Recommendations for SCSI Controllers

I'm upgrading my SCSI controller in my PCI P5-90 system.

It is currently an Adaptec 1542B.

Any recommendations on what I should go for?

I'll still be using my NARROW drives, so if you want to recommend
a WIDE controller I'll need it to support NARROW too.

Lastly, BT-946C need not apply. I've already got one and it don't
work.  Mapped to the same facilities used by the Adaptec, the BT-946C's
BIOS doesn't even so up. 8-(

So what other neat/FAST PCI based SCSI controllers might I try.

I'm running -current.

Thanks,

Brian Litzinger
brian@easynet.com