Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2012 16:04:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>
Cc:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs deprecated

On Thu, 27 Dec 2012, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 4:18 AM, Wojciech Puchar
> <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>> but i can't find "moron guide" for using svn to update tree.
>
> I cant seem to find a way to handle conflicts, ive tried to do svn
> revert on every directory, but there is always more... maybe svn just
> isnt a good way to keep your ports tree current
>
> svn up
> Updating '.':
> Skipped 'databases' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'irc' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'lang' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'security/cyrus-sasl2' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'x11/keybinder' -- Node remains in conflict
> Skipped 'net-mgmt' -- Node remains in conflict
> At revision 309546.
> Summary of conflicts:
>  Skipped paths: 6

A checkout of the entire /usr/ports into an empty directory is the way
to start.  You can save the distfiles directory out of an existing
/usr/ports first if desired.  And any customizations to ports files, if
you have them.

Note that svn checkouts don't automatically combine.  Checking out
/usr/ports is not equivalent to checking out all the category
subdirectories into /usr/ports.