Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:15:40 +0000
From:      Rob Shepherd <rob@techniumcast.com>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPTP "fixup" for FreeBSD NAT Router

Dear FreeBSD PF users,

We have Cisco FWSM software v2.3 which doesn't pass PPTP traffic due to it not
being able to extract the GRE session information. Grrr.... Enterprise grade my
*rse!

Nevertheless, I am intrigued to see if I can provide an alternate route for a
customers PPTP connection through a FreeBSD router.

I'll VLAN interface on to their LAN, NAT as usual to a public IP, but I would
like to inquire (before I commence my setup) if...

1. FreeBSD NAT (PF) will pass PPTP
2. if (1), will it support multiple PPTP sessions (multiple clients to common
remote VPN server)

Many thanks for any suggestions etc. much appreciated.

Rob
--
Rob Shepherd BEng PhD | Computer and Network Engineer | CAST Ltd
Technium CAST | LL57 4HJ | http://www.techniumcast.com