Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 09:55:57 -0700
From:      Vincent Janelle <vjanelle@home.com>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quake2

Couple of things:

Quake3arena is a little past the alpha stage.

quake2 is a goddamn mess.

q3test does NOT switch modes under X.  It draws a 640x480 window, and
draws its stuff into there.  It also uses DGA for mouse handling, which
means that it doesn't require its own virtual terminal.

Mesa just fires up glide, which takes control of the monitor.

There are no ways to go full screen with opengl apps. Windows just draws
in the corner and resizes the desktop.

quake2 usually expects that you are using SVGAlib for mouse and keyboard
control.

Remember, you are running it under an operating system that it was never
intended to run under..