Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:28:22 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@rover.village.org>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Versioning bsd.port.mk

In message <97Aug21.142822pdt.177486@crevenia.parc.xerox.com> Bill Fenner writes:
: >2) FreeBSD checks in a version date that matches today each time
: >bsd.port.mk is checked in.
:
: If I understand you correctly, that's exactly what my proposal does --
: it uses the $Date:$ RCS keyword, which is expanded on checkout to the
: date/time that the file was checked in.

The person that is integrating this into OpenBSD/NetBSD would have to
edit it so that the $Date:$ stuff is preexpanded.  That may be an
acceptible restriction, I know that it is for me and I'm listed as the
OpenBSD coordinator.

I'd have to change $$Date : 1997/07/18$$ to be Date: 1997/07/18 and
then let the other things take it from there.  Yes.  OK.  I
understand, this will work.

Warner