Date:      1 May 2000 10:37:59 -0000
From:      fcasadei@monrif.net ()
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem sending mail with mutt mailer

Hi,
I can't send mail to freebsd-questions mailing list with mutt 1.0pre2i, but I can send mail to (and receive from) other addresses (including majordomo@freebsd.org!). I have a dial-up connection to the Internet, so I've configured Qmail to use virtualdomains. I've added the line:
 :alias-ppp
to control/virtualdomains to have the outgoing mail delivered to /var/qmail/alias/pppdir/ maildir. To send mail I run the script mail-out:

#!/bin/bash
maildirsmtp /var/qmail/alias/pppdir alias-ppp- \
  `cat /var/run/mailserver.ip` `hostname`

mailserver.ip contains the IP address of the mail server of the ISP to which I'm actually connected (tin.it or tiscalinet.it).
I don't have registered a domain name, so I've invented one: casimirhost.kasby. I've added casimirhost to control/defaulthost, kasby to control/defaultdomain and casimirhost.kasby to control/me.
I've got a free mail box from monrif.net (which is not one of my ISP) to reveive mail from freebsd-questions, freebsd-stable, ctm-src-3 and ctm-announce mailing lists.
What's wrong with my configuration?

	Francesco Casadei, from Italy

P.S. I've used the webmail interface on monrif.net to send this message, so I'm sorry if it's badly formatted!!

Salve, il messaggio che hai ricevuto
è stato inviato per mezzo del sistema
di web mail Monrif. Se anche tu vuoi
una casella di posta free visita il