Date:      Thu, 28 May 2015 11:52:59 -0500
From:      "Zane C. B-H." <v.velox@vvelox.net>
To:        Trevor Roydhouse <trev@sentry.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Raspberry Pi 2 - Xorg issues

On Wed, 27 May 2015 11:02:00 +1000
Trevor Roydhouse <trev@sentry.org> wrote:

> Zane C. B-H. wrote:
> > On Fri, 22 May 2015 11:05:56 +1000
> > Trevor Roydhouse <trev@sentry.org> wrote:
> [...]
> >> Solution to get X up:
> >>
> >> Leave out DefaultDepth nn in the Screen section, but this yields
> >> very slow motion screen draws and long cursor tails. However, if
> >> I run a find / in an xterm, screen draws return to normal until
> >> find finishes... weird.
> >>
> >> Any other solutions?
> >
> > I am seeing the exact same thing using a image I built using a
> > fresh source tree on the 23rd.
> >
> > It appears to be load related in some manner. For example I can
> > also get it to behave nicely. If I start compiling something like
> > firefox or the like.
> >
> > Make any headway with this on your end?
>
> I wondered about whether it was caused by powerd, but disabling it
> had no effect.
>
> In the meantime I've reverted to my RPi B+ which works nicely as
> far as X goes.

On another note, I've just tried it with out any of the debugging
stuff compiled in and that did not make a difference. Now seeing if
hz makes a difference.

On a interesting note, I did find that with out invariants, the noise
on the +5V GPIO line is different. It takes awhile for longer for
each of the additional 3 sections to form and all 4 of them are not
as consistent.