Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:15:38 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1044983739.28c2c5@mired.org>
To:        "Kenzo" <kenzo_chin@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: manufacturing

In <DAV36060DMM2iMdeZvW00009336@hotmail.com>, Kenzo <kenzo_chin@hotmail.com> typed:
> My boss just presented me with an Idea.

And I realize that it's changed, and each computer will now be
independent. But here's input anyway.

> He is more geared toward a linux box with redhat, but I would rather setup a
> computer with Freebsd that would do all the trick.
> what x-window manager should I use?  I know KDE uses alot of resources, but
> what about gnome?

I'd recommend plpwm (part of the plwm port). Have it configured with
no keyboard shortcuts, or possibly one to relauch the browser. Launch
the browser with .xinitrc. plpwm will automatically make it
full-screen. They can then mouse around on it to their hearts content,
but won't be able to do much else. Ratpoison can probably be used to
do the same thing. It should be lighter than plpwm, but it won't be as
easy to configure.

> what should I use for web browser?

Well, I was going to suggest something with a remote feature like
Mozilla, but that seems sort of piontless now. You might as well use
whatever your webmaster recommends, which will probably mean either
mozilla or netscape.

	<mike