Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 08:50:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ola Persson <smurfen@ludd.luth.se>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux-wabi in FreeBSD

Hello!

Has anyone got wabi for Linux running with the Linux emu in FreeBSD ?
I see several problems.

First of all, the script /opt/abi looks for /proc/meminfo, a program that
exists on a linux system and is a plain textfile containing information
about systemmemory.

Ok, I skipped that and tried to run /opt/wabi/bin/wabiprog, and first the
console yells lots of Linux-emul(248): modify_ldt() not supported

I have: options         USER_LDT in the kernel, cuz I tried wine.

and then the window where I ran wabi says:

Unrecoverable Error in Wabi

Internal Error
Assertion failure: CpuLAR(k) != INVDARB
 at fixups.c:452

and then the program exits.

I run FreeBSD 2.2.1-R and AccelX 2.1

nyone got this working, or do we have to wait for the guys hacking on the
linux-emu to hack on it some more ? :)

Cheers,

/Ola

| Ola Persson           | For finger info: smurfen@best.ludd.luth.se  |
| Porsogarden 8:81      | WWW: http://www.ludd.luth.se/users/smurfen  |
| 977 54 Lulea          | We are Bill Gates of Microsoft. You will be |
| SWEDEN                | assimilated. Resistance is futile.          |
------------- Hiroshima 45 -- Tjernobyl 86 -- Windows 95 --------------