Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:54:48 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Aaron Walker <ka0ttic@cfl.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compiler errors on freebsd; compiles fine on linux

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 08:54:08AM -0500, Aaron Walker wrote:
> I am attempting to write a http server (mainly just to learn), and I=20
> installed FreeBSD on my other box (I have Gentoo linux on my main box)=20
> to test the code to make sure its compatible with both BSD and Linux.=20
> The code compiles fine on linux, but I am getting weird compiler errors=
=20
> under FBSD.

Linux "cheats" by making certain system headers include other headers,
in a way that is not specified by POSIX.  Therefore, you can get away
with code like yours on Linux that will fail on other POSIX-compliant
systems like FreeBSD.  Another poster has already told you which
headers you're missing.

Kris

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy--