Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 1995 17:01:20 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        ugen@latte.worldbank.org (Ugen J.S.Antsilevich)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DESPERATELY NEED HELP....

> Hmm..i hope this one got your attention...
>
>  Well, so i'v got pretty strange problemm...i sup'ed -current, i "made world",
> rebooted and...Well, in process of boot random programms running from rc
> fail on either memory fault or bus error, then login starts but as soon as i
> type login and password it fails on same signal 11 as well...I am unable to log
> into system or to do anything. It still sorta works in single user mode, i can
> mount disks and even rerun make (it fails a couple of times on 10 and 11
> though) but this is no use - i can't login...HEEEEEELP!!!!! I really would like
> to have working -curren...:(
> --Ugen

Ugen, haven't you seen the thread of 'sig 11' ad nauseam in this list?
Everyone is waiting for a stable -current these days while John Dyson
is working hard to shake this out. If you want a working -current you
have to be patient or contribute in reporting symptoms.

If you want a stable system in general stick with 2.0.5-RELEASE
or 950726-SNAP.

--Chris Christoph P. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de