Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:17:45 +0200
From:      Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft@gmx.net>
To:        "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, Alexander@leidinger.net
Subject:   Re: Status of VIA Envy24 audio controller

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 12:23, Nikolas Britton wrote:
> On 6/13/06, Konstantin Dimitrov <kosio.dimitrov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > i found obvious bug, that affects all cards: "codec->type = dvc;"
> > (ak452x.c) obviously should be "codec->dvc = dvc;", this cause the
> > previously mentioned volume problem with "M-Audio Audiophile 2496", so
> > original "ak452x_set" routine is ok,  after fixing "codec->type = dvc;"
> > to "codec->dvc = dvc;", we have working "mixer vol ..." with both
> > "Terratec DMX 6fire" and "M-Audio Audiophile 2496", of cource correct
> > codec type should be set in envy24.c : "ak452x_settype(ptr->info,
> > AK452X_TYPE_4528);" for "M-Audio Audiophile 2496"
> > "ak452x_settype(ptr->info, AK452X_TYPE_4524);" for "Terratec DMX 6fire"
> >
> > after fixing the bug described above, both cards working now only with
> > touching hardware specific parts of the Katsurajima Naoto's code - to be
> > more specific - 3 lines to set right wiring in envy24.h (codec CS, CDTI,
> > CCLK) and 1 line to set right codec in envy24.c, so Katsurajima Naoto's
> > code is pretty generic and so it can be used as a base for Envy24 driver
> > supporting many Envy24-based audio cards under FreeBSD.
> >
> > On 6/13/06, Konstantin Dimitrov < kosio.dimitrov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > thanks to cooperation with Stefan Ehmann (shoesoft at gmx.net), there
> > > is a
> >
> > patch adding basic "M-Audio Audiophile 2496" support, he sent the initial
> > patch to freebsd-multimedia@ titled "basic support for M-Audio Audiophile
> > 2496 available", now the "volume" problem with "M-Audio Audiophile 2496"
>
> Cool!, I just order a Audiophile 2496, it should be in my hands by
> then end of the week for testing. Is it possible to get a diff of all
> the new code?:
>
> Patch set of the changes you made to get Katsurajima old code running
> again on 6.1-STABLE. Plus a patch set of the changes you and Stefan
> made to get audiophile 2496 running?

I just made a patch against http://people.freebsd.org/~lofi/envy24.tar.gz.

This is the code as I'm currently using it. I added the name of the card to
cfg_table based on the EEPROM dump.

http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0125637/fbsd/ap2496.diff

In order to get it to compile, don't forget to add
WERROR= to /sys/modules/sound/driver/envy24/Makefile.