Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:01:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@mpp.pro-ns.net>
To:        phantom@cris.net (Alexey M. Zelkin)
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD $2

> We have restriction that ".Os" macro with $1 == BSD will
> has required second parameter, i.e. 3, 4, 4.4. But
> I just have a question -- which value will have .Os
> macro as first/second parameter when driver developed for NetBSD
> and imported to FreeBSD ?
>
> I think better way is BSD without second parameter.
>
> PS: Example is en.4

I think that the only man pages that should be specifiying "BSD"
with the .Os macro are those the came from 4.4BSD-Lite[12].
en.4 should have either specified FreeBSD or just called .Os
with no parameters when it was created.

We currently have a number of man pages in the system that
specify ".Os NetBSD".  We have been inconsistent in the
past how we have imported these.  Sometimes we leave the NetBSD
attribution, sometimes we change it to FreeBSD, and sometimes
we just change it to not specify an operating system (which pretty
much amounts to the same thing as changing it to FreeBSD).

-Mike
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@FreeBSD.ORG or mpp@mpp.pro-ns.net