Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:19:29 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Dale Phillips <dphi@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: increasing disk

Dale Phillips wrote:

> I am fuzzy on this point.
>
> can freebsd take 4 one gig scsi drives and
> merge/splice them to look like one 4 gig partition (mount point)?
>
> thanks
> Dale Phillips

Yes, you can either use CCD, or Greg Lehey's Vinum volume manager (which is
currently in Alpha). I have CCD arrays and Vinum volumes running on my machine
at the moment...

You'll never be able to boot off a CCD - but Vinum will be bootable at some
point... Either see 'man ccd' or http://www.lemis.com/vinum.html for details,

Regards,

Karl