Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 21:39:05 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "Richard Wenninger" <wenninger@cox-internet.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Breaking permissions on Windows 2000 (Server Edition)

Richard writes:

> Nothing's impossible.

But many things are infeasible, and this is one of them.  You can crack
4096-bit RSA moduli, too, but it isn't very feasible.

> Reading about Multics was interesting, thanks
> for the reference.

Multics was regularly attacked by angry young males--even Boy Scouts--and it
resisted well (although in one famous exception, apparently some Boy Scouts
did find a way to switch rings, or something, but that was immediately
fixed).

> HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!  hehehe...  hohoho.  <whew!>

Sounds like you haven't read as much about NT/2000 as you've read about
Multics.  I assume you already know how insecure UNIX is.