Date:      Thu, 2 May 1996 14:44:17 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lmbench IDE anomaly

Cc list trimmed.

<<On Thu, 2 May 1996 14:06:19 -0400 (EDT), Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu> said:

> Narvi, I was referring to the new Triton II boards.

It does't matter; all Tritons (and Orions, which use one of the Triton
chips) have bus-master IDE.

It still remains for someone to modify the `wd' driver to take
advantage of this.  There is some code in /sys/pci which attempts to
talk to the chipset, but wd.c doesn't know how to interface.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.