Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 05:06:03 +0800
From:      Derrick Teo <deric@deric.NET>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Laptop keyboard problem [Was Re: Dell Inspiron hard disk]

On the subject of laptop keyboards, has anyone ever encountered this
problem with Fujitsu Lifebooks, or any other laptops for that matter:

The left-shift key is partially broken, and doesn't work with the keys Q,
R, I, }, H, M, > and ? unless you time it just right and release the
left-shift *just* before you release the key. The right-shift key is
similarly broken, but with a whole different set of keys (A, S, D, F, K, L,
", Z, M, > and ?), again unless you time it just right.

I initially put it down to an unusually broken keyboard and got it replaced
once under warranty, but the same problem came back just a few weeks later
(unfortunately, after my warranty expired). The problem doesn't seem to be
OS-specific either; the keys don't work even with the BIOS.

Any ideas?

Derrick