Date:      Sun, 06 Apr 2003 16:00:49 -0500
From:      "Keith Leonard" <climacus2002@techie.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java and Flash

I apologize for the intrusion, but I've gone round in circle with this for the last two months. I've probably taken BSD off the drive a dozen times in frustration, I've hunted websites until I'm sick of the web.

How do you get Java and Flash to work with any browser under FreeBSD. I've tried all the suggestions and still can't get it to work. Under Linux it takes about 15 minutes and they work, but I don't want Linux I want to run BSD.

I'm using 4.7 download from the website, I've got mozilla, galeon and konquerer running. I've managed to get everthing else working and am very happy with the installation over all, but some sites insist on using flash and java, including the Cisco net-academy site (which I'm required to use for school).

Any clear help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your patience

Keith
"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
			-- Benjamin Franklin

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup