Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 01:07:39 +0100
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ntalkd and comsat in /etc/inetd.conf

Hi folks,

in my /etc/inetd.conf there is by default a service "ntalkd" opened on. I canīt
find nothing about this. With sources installed everything I get is:

$locate ntalk
/usr/libexec/ntalkd
$

Is this a drop-in replacement for talkd? Differences, advantages?

BTW, I know what the purpose of biff and therefore comsat is, but I lack the
knowledge, if in some cases there is an advantage of biff over the MAIL
variable?

Any hints appreciated, thanks in advance,

Ciao
Siegbert