Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 08:38:05 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De
Subject:   Re: make world fails on libmytinfo

In message <199703261011.VAA05821@godzilla.zeta.org.au> Bruce Evans writes:
: >Here is a patch fixing it. I consider clauses like "__FreeBSD != 2__" harmful.
: >For those dependencies we have CVS, don't we. But there might be a reason
: >for it, so I left them in.
:
: >  /* for quit.c */
: >  extern int sys_nerr;
: >! #if __FreeBSD__ != 2 && __FreeBSD__ != 3
: >  extern char *sys_errlist[];
: >  #endif
: >  extern char *prg_name;
:
: It is just harmful.  Const'ness of sys_errlist has nothing to do with
: FreeBSD.
:
: BTW, sys_nerr is also const in FreeBSD, but the type mismatch is only
: warned about if gcc is invoked with -pedantic.

And it is even esier to fix.  Most modern systems have errno.h.  Just
include that.  Since it is in our CVS tree, that seems will be
acceptible.

Warner